The Department for Transport have announced what new drone laws will be hitting UK drone owners & flyers 30th November 2019.
The government’s response to the UK Drone Consultation, which ran from 26 July 2018 to 17 September 2018 was released 7th January 2019.
What’s IN, What’s OUT?
- Police greater powers to tackle drone misuse, including the power to issue on the spot fines.
- Protected airports by extending the area around airports sand runways in which drones are banned from being flown.
- CAA Approved pilot competency test from November 2019.
- Compulsory Drone registration for all craft over 250g
- Pre-flight notification has been shelved for the moment.
- Planned Age restrictions have been deferred.
Important to know that all the planned changes are due November 2019, there is NO registration scheme live at the time of writing… So wait for official DfT notification on where to register.
Read the full UK Government response HERE